Search

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

How do you name your computer

2006_1101_200024

Windows gives examples of "Kitchen Computer" or "Mary's Computer" for setting the name of a computer (Computer Name tab in System Properties). But I'm sure that most people don't name their computers that way and show off a bit of creativity in it.

Previously I used to use names from Asterix like GetAFix for my main dev box. Now I exclusively use names from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Some of the machines I use are named as below

  1. traal: My test box
  2. Krikkit: My dev box
  3. Vogon: A old vintage machine I have at work which I use to test some perf scenarios (Vista on 512mb RAM :^) )
  4. Hooloovoo : My personal laptop
  5. Bugblatter: Another laptop

What name do you use?

1 comment:

_Mayank_ said...

I use the Matrix for inspiration... My desktop being 'Trinity' and the laptop 'Neo' :)